We’ve just gotten started on our ambitious development plan, “What’s next”, where we introduce new Soundest features every month. So here we go with our latest improvements – the new Signup Box and Popups are ready to use! Take a look at what we’ve created for you.
Design and Content:
Signup forms (Signup Box and Popups) on Soundest are now mobile-friendly and have a totally new look. You can use them with or without images and logos. A wide variety of layouts, colors, and fonts make them bold and sexy!
The good news is that the new Signup Box and Popups have many predefined copy versions, in 11 languages! So you’ll be able to pick one and make it live in about a minute – no customization necessary.
Furthermore, the coupon code has become optional: you can choose whether or not to use it. Instead, Premium plan users can now get the benefit of including additional fields on the signup form.
Rules and targeting:
The new forms have additional rules and extra targeting. This means that you’ll be able to display multiple popups at a time for different visitors! To see how to do it, read the 10 tips below.
Good news for Free plan users! Popups are included in your plan, from now on. You can have up to three active forms at a time.
Soundest will provide you with reports showing how your forms perform. If you have some forms activated, you can already see the reports. For the present, you can see the number of views, number of signups, and conversion rate.
10 Ideas for Using Popups Wisely
Once you invest your resources into bringing the traffic to your store, make sure they won’t leave without taking action. Only a very small percentage of newcomers make a purchase, so it’s not realistic to count on a first-time sale. However, capturing their emails is another thing altogether. Leaving an email address is a smaller commitment and first-time visitors tend to be willing to do that.
This most recent Soundest update provides you a lot of new list-building opportunities. To help you with your first experiments with new signup forms, here are some tips on how to use them.
For email marketing beginners:
- If you badly need subscribers, you can always use an immediate popup with a discount for the first purchase. The signup rate of such popups is the highest, but be aware that the conversion rate to a purchase is not so large. Still, this is a great way to build your list for further email communication faster. Next to this popup, use a Signup Box. If visitors ignore the popup, they will continue to see the Signup Box widget.
- You may also successfully combine Signup Box with Exit Popup. One of the reasons visitors abandon online stores without purchasing is that they think items are too expensive. Address this issue by offering a discount in the Exit Popup.
- Don’t use immediate popups and exit popups in combination with other kinds of popups to avoid displaying two pop-ups at a time.
- For some popups, you may also add a delay and show popups 7–15 seconds after a visitor lands on your site. Giving your visitors time to browse is important if you want them to make a purchase.
- Create additional fields for your popups, in particular, name and date of birth. By collecting this kind of data you can enable automated birthday emails and start earning revenue from this workflow.
- Create popups with different offers using the targeting by page or part of the URL. For example, in “www.mystore.com/women/” you can use your sales copy and an offer targeting women, and in “www.mystore.com/men/” use wording for men.
- Running an ad campaign on social media? Create a special popup for visitors who come from sources with a specific UTM parameter. For example, the page URL might contain “source=instagram”.
- Test to see which offer works better – new arrivals or sales. On equally popular product pages, insert the same popups but with different offerings and then monitor the signup rate.
- If you use multiple popups with different discounts, include the codes in the success messages. A welcome email is common to all your forms, so it shouldn’t contain any of the codes. On the other hand, if you only have one popup, you can put the code into your welcome email.
- Avoid enabling too many popups with different offers at a time, if they can appear on the same page. Your visitors will get lost among the choices.
Try all these ideas yourself with new Soundest signup forms! You will find them in the separate Forms tab on our platform.
If you had Soundest forms activated before this launch, don’t worry – no migration is needed. Your forms are working just as they did before. But we’re sure you’re eager to try out our brand-new forms, so go ahead and change them to new ones.
We hope you will like this system update. This is just the beginning of our ambitious plan for this year. See what’s next!
Some examples with Soundest forms:
A Sneak-Peek for This May!
In addition to popups and Signup Box, Soundest is going to introduce a new type of interactive signup form. Gamification and innovative approach will boost your email list significantly!
It will be live in the upcoming weeks. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned!