Soundest is introducing an infographic on Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics for 2016 which reveals the most interesting data for ecommerce businesses –conversion rates and revenue per email.
5 Findings of Ecommerce Email Marketing:
- A conversion rate is highest when you send two emails per month. So, you literally LOSE money by contacting customers too infrequently.
- Customers open emails more actively during the first half of the month, but buy more during the second.
- Every email on average brings $0.18 in the U.S. & only $0.03 in India. Find more countries in the infographic below.
- An average conversion rate of promotional newsletter is 0.17%. Meanwhile, cart recovery emails enjoy a rate of 4.64%
- Sending a series of three abandoned cart email reminders brings 131% more orders than a single email.
If you want to know what is the average order value in your country, what is the optimal email frequency, and what open rates you should expect according to your business size, then look no further than Soundest’s new ecommerce email marketing infographic.
How Does Soundest Get This Kind of Information?
Due to Soundest’s tool functionality and integration with Shopify, Bigcommerce and other ecommerce platforms, we have the capability to monitor and provide data not only about our clients’ email marketing activities but also their financial performance. Which emails covert better and when, what revenue they bring, what is the difference in revenue of automated email workflows, etc. Soundest clients can see a lot of this data for themselves in their own reports.
What Are The Companies included In This Research?
As already mentioned above, this infographic is based on recent research conducted on our customer data – 15,000 active online stores – from 130 countries. The majority (65%) of our clients are based in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and India. These stores mainly sell apparel, accessories, books and small electronic devices.
Where Can I Get Deeper Insights From This Research?
The infographic shows only the main metrics and results. Some of the separate topics of the research have already been analyzed in previous posts and some will be in the near future. So don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get them! The ones that already exist can be found here:
- The best email frequency for small business marketing
- The 10 best email marketing campaigns
- The best day to send email marketing campaign (weekdays, month days, months)
- A Guide to Ecommerce Email Marketing for Small Businesses
If you have questions or ideas regarding this data, let us know!